Bought LED trailer pole guide lights, how to wire

bryanzzz

Seaman
Guys, Sea Sense LED pole lights have 2 wires, black and red. No wiring instructions, what color wires do I splice into, would like parking and brake to light up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bought LED trailer pole guide lights, how to wire

Guys, Sea Sense LED pole lights have 2 wires, black and red. No wiring instructions, what color wires do I splice into, would like parking and brake to light up? Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Bryan. Welcome to Iboats. I think you're going to have to connect them only to your parking lights. The brake and signal lights circuits are discrete to either left or right side. I suppose you could have them come on only when you signal or break, but usually they are used as "clearance" lights. What color are they? Black wire goes to negative or trailer ground. Red goes to the wire feeding your tail lights. - Grandad

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Yer Black wire is the Ground,...

The Red wire is the Power,....

You can choose to wire the Power to the runnin' lights, OR the brake/ signal light power, but Not both,...

bryanzzz

Seaman

Guys, thanks for your help, will do install when my new boat arrives, should be mid May. Grandad, lights are red, searched yesterday and found some bad reviews on these pole lights. On my old boat to aid backing the unloaded trailer I purchased two orange fiberglass rods with from local hardware, type to mark driveway entrance, built two brackets to hold them and mounted at rear corner of the trailer. These worked but liked the idea of lighted poles, hope they hold up, thanks again.

Last edited:

UncleWillie

Captain

The BLACK Wire from the Pole Lights will attach to the WHITE Ground Wire on the Trailer.
The RED Wire from the Pole Lights will attach to the BROWN Marker/Tail Light Wire on the Trailer.

bryanzzz

Seaman

The BLACK Wire from the Pole Lights will attach to the WHITE Ground Wire on the Trailer.
The RED Wire from the Pole Lights will attach to the BROWN Marker/Tail Light Wire on the Trailer.
Thanks guys, UncleWillie that makes sense.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer

Why not have both kinds of lights? I've got LED turn signals and brake lights partway up the guide pole with the clearance lights on the very tips. Boat Cover 005 (Resized).jpg The combination is very effective.