Spare tire bracket for trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb1812

Recruit
believe it or not I'm having a rough time finding a spare tire bracket that will fit my 2014 Tracker 18'.

The through-hole brackets I'm finding have a 3" clearance where as mine is 4 1/2" from center-center.

Anyone know where I can find a bracket similar to the one shown in this picture?

3" bracket does not fit...:

tire.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Spare tire bracket for trailer?

Are you just looking for the U-bolt part?

airshot

Rear Admiral

Got mine at Bass pro shops, I have a 4 1/2" tongue to straddle as well. Mine does not have a u-bolt, just two steel plates that fit on two sides of the tongue with long bolts that pass thru 4 holes.

Airsot

MRS

Commander

I think I would throw the spare in the back of your truck. I would not trust that thin steel you have there with a spare tire on it just what I think from your photo there.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

If you have access to a welder, you cam simply make your own. That's what I did and it fits nicely too. Take a look at my "Bringing a trailer back to life" thread. I cover everything from start to finish...

MRS

Commander

What gm280 is saying is true he did a Beauty of a job on his trailer and the spare tire setup is what I am going to do on mine.
You got to check it out...

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

2 pieces of all thread, 3 pieces of flat steel with holes, and some nuts will do it.
Sandwich the tongue with 2 pieces of steel then use the third to hold down the tire.
You can use double nuts, Nylocks, self locking, or loctite to put everything together.

huts

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

spare tire carrier.jpg

here's another idea

By Mike Waller

Last edited:

saumon

Lieutenant

believe it or not I'm having a rough time finding a spare tire bracket that will fit my 2014 Tracker 18'.

The through-hole brackets I'm finding have a 3" clearance where as mine is 4 1/2" from center-center.

Anyone know where I can find a bracket similar to the one shown in this picture?

View attachment 227191

Thanks in advance!!

I had the exact same setup on my old Tracker trailer and if by "bracket" you mean the u-bolt and not the flat bar piece with the 2 holes, you don't even need it. You simply drop the spare in the rack/craddle and could use 2 12" long 1/2" bolts with nuts. Even cheaper than a u-bolt that long...

gm280

Supreme Mariner

There are so many ways to add a spare tire holder on a trailer. But if you want that spare to stay there you have to install something that can't be simply removed with a few nuts. So that leaves wood, and the usual threaded rod type spare tire holders out..in my opinion. Any type tire holder that is added on with bolts and nuts is not too difficult to remove while you are not watch your trailer. That's sad to say, but it does happen and we have to be vigilant to those facts. And that goes doubly true if your spare tire is of a really nice custom wheel and quality tire. So I made my own and welded on the tongue so it doesn't get legs and walk off... Here is my version of a permanent spare tire holder;

and here are some lockable lugs I fashioned too.

And the spare in place (without those lockable locks in this shot);

There is no way somebody is going to easily remove that spare without some serious equipment...

If you make it just a little harder for the thieves, they will avoid your stuff and move to the next unsecured trailer items... It all depends on how secure you want to make it. :joyous:

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class

View attachment 227191

Thanks in advance!!

That looks like a tire cradle. Lay the spare in there and do as suggested and bet some all thread or long bolts.

CFT

Recruit

View attachment 190171

Thanks in advance!!
I have the same issue with my 2021 tracker, and I was told by Tracker I needed a bracket Part# 08927 Tire Carrier Plate, but no one at Bass Pro shops customer service knows anything about it. And doesn;t seem to care and find out.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have the same issue with my 2021 tracker, and I was told by Tracker I needed a bracket Part# 08927 Tire Carrier Plate, but no one at Bass Pro shops customer service knows anything about it. And doesn;t seem to care and find out.
Start a topic about your trailer

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.