12' Livingston Trailer

Hahn007

Cadet
Hi,

I have a mid to late 90's 12' Livingston.
I have been unable to locate a ready made trailer for this type of boat.

Just wondering what other Livingston owners have done.

Pictures would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 12' Livingston Trailer

Hi,

I have a mid to late 90's 12' Livingston.
I have been unable to locate a ready made trailer for this type of boat.

Just wondering what other Livingston owners have done.

Pictures would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...... After googlin' it to see what it is, I'd think a jetski wagon would be a good place to start,...

Alittle adjustin', 'n fabbin', it oughta fit pretty good,...

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

Mine came w/ a homemade but well made frame built on the tlr . It's basically a frame made of flatbar w/ one x- brace built in it and the frame has 2 carpeted 2x4 bunk boards to fit on each side of the "keel" in the tunnel. The bunks run the length of the tunnel up to about where it starts curving up. It has rollers at the rear under each keel of the hulls to stabilize the boat as most of the weight is on the tunnel. At the front there is a small piece of channel iron( about 2") w/ a vee roller on each end for the winch to pull the front of each hull into. I'll try to take some pics w/ the boat sitting on the tlr. Sorry it's sleeping for the winter so can't take the boat off the tlr. I tried to post some pics here a couple of weeks ago on this new laptop w/ windows 8 and couldn't get them posted. I still have my trusty old desktop w/ XP so I'll try on it. If that doesn't work I'll have you PM your E-mail add and do it that way.
Mike

Last edited:

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

Here's some pics. Let me know if you need more or additional info. I was mistaken about the rollers, it has 3 on each side under the hull keels.
Mike

Attachments

• livingston 001 (Small).jpg
    livingston 001 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 12
  • livingston 002 (Small).jpg
    livingston 002 (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 14
  • livingston 003 (Small).jpg
    livingston 003 (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 14

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

I just love drive by posters who ask for help or info and then either never return or don't acknowledge the help offered. Rant over.
Mike

go boat

Cadet

Rant justified!

My 12'er is sitting on a nice Calkins galvanized trailer that seems to be set up from the factory for the Livingston hull (or modified at the dealer).

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Each pontoon sits on rollers and there are guide rollers on each side.

In these pics, I've got the motor off and everything stripped down as I am mid-project. Raising / reinforcing the transom, adding a 25hp with controls and moving the seating forward!

Hahn007

Cadet

Thank you for the pics and responses.

Due to very personal issues, I have been away and have not been online very much lately.

I am sorry that you have viewed me as a "drive by poster".

I have received lots of help and good advice on this site and appreciate everyones input.

I apologize for giving the wrong impression.

Regards,

Chris