2005 Yukon Denali to 2003 Suburban hitch compatibility ?

thumpar

Admiral
I am looking for a hitch for our 2003 Suburban and found someone on Craigslist with a 2005 Yukon Denali factory hitch made by Northern Stamping. Does Anyone know if these are compatible? I can't seem to find much info on that brand.

thumpar

Admiral
Re: 2005 Yukon Denali to 2003 Suburban hitch compatibility ?

I looked up the after market hitches and they where all compatible. I just don't know about the factory hitches. The price is $100 for the used one and may just spend the few more bucks to make sure it is right.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

for sure don't waste $100 on a used factory hitch
... a couple bones more will buy a new hitch that you personally know hasn't been overloaded for thousands of miles

thumpar

Admiral

for sure don't waste $100 on a used factory hitch
... a couple bones more will buy a new hitch that you personally know hasn't been overloaded for thousands of miles
That is kind of the way I am leaning after doing more looking. I think a new hitch would be best. We towed off the bumper the couple times we took the new boat out but want a real hitch this summer.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Factory hitches are not great although I am still using one on my Silverado. On my 2001 Suburban that I had, I had a custom one made up for not much more than what you could get online. The shop that made it up had a pile of factory hitches in his back lot. Not only was it heavier duty and still bolted on, it was way nicer looking than the stock one.