Titan 60 Actuator- Dependable or not?

w2much

Lieutenant
I installed a Titan 60 Actuator last year. Recently noticed brake fluid coming from the master cylinder. I have disc brakes and the actuator and master cylinder were for disc brakes. Anyway I have replaced the master cylinder as of today and look forward to going rockfishing next week. Anybody have this experience with these actuators or master cylinders?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Titan 60 Actuator- Dependable or not?

Nothing especially bad or good. You just got a bad master cylinder. I had one for years until I switched to Electric/hydraulic.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've had a Titan 60 for a couple years. No problems so far.

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh, I don't like to hear this. I have a Tie Down 60 actuator that came with a 2007 trailer I just bought. It's leaking at the master cylinder too. The local trailer shop told me to put a whole new titan actuator on it, probably because that's what he sells. Anyway, the boat is in storage now so that's a springtime job.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

they are all man-made, therefore subject to the issues of human error in materials and workmanship.

that being said, every trailer I have ever bought used had has needed to have a new master cylinder installed in the actuator.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Oh, I don't like to hear this. I have a Tie Down 60 actuator that came with a 2007 trailer I just bought. It's leaking at the master cylinder too. The local trailer shop told me to put a whole new titan actuator on it, probably because that's what he sells. Anyway, the boat is in storage now so that's a springtime job.
I've had a Tie Down 60 actuator on my trailer going on 5 years now. No problems at all. Our high humidity coupled with the salt is hard on anything ferrous. The aluminum master cylinder of the Tie Down all but eliminated my coupler issues