Broken Bow Stop

l008com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So last night, while loading up, a huge chunk of my bow stop broke off. No biggie, replacements are cheap and look easy enough to install. BUT.

I measured the base of mine, and it's exactly 2.75"
I look online, and there are many for sale, but they are all an even amount of inches. 2", 3", 4", 5".

So are bow stops like lumber, where a 2x4 is really a 1.5x3.5, and a 3" bow stop is really a 2.75" bow stop?
OR do I really need to search high and low, and try to find a 2.75"??

lh1k.jpg

Don Hansen

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Broken Bow Stop

Buy a 3 inch stop. Get a longer bolt, spread the 2 pieces of the stop mount apart another 1/4 inch, and install the new stop.

DLH

Mi duckdown

Commander

How is it, that your winch, is so low from your bow eye.?? got to be a pain to load on the trailer.??

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

the winch is fine.... his strap is wrapped the wrong way around the drum.... good catch tho

bassman284

Commander

Looks to me like it would still be too low coming over the top

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

keep in mind, you really have no good perspective on which way is up in the pic.... the best indicator is the trailer tongue barely visible.... It looks to me like the strap would be pretty much parallel to the tongue if wrapped the right way... pulling down just a little would be ok too as long as it wasn't too much.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I agree, get the 3" stop.

Looking at pic again.... Shouldnt the safety chain go to the bow eye, and not the winch strap?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral