Need Hub Assembly for Shoreland'r Trailer made for 83 Bayliner Capri 1950

robbie0517

Recruit
Hello,

I have searched the web and this site with no luck and I hope someone can help me out. I do apologize if this information is already posted and I overlooked it.

I purchased a 1983 Bayliner Capri 1950 last summer with a Shoreland'r Trailer and when pulling back from the lake 2 weeks ago one of the hub assembly fell apart. All the bearing fell out. I've taken off the hub and whats left of the bearings and taken to 3 local trailer repair locations and the best anyone can tell me is to just purchase and replace the entire axle and hubs.

I have looked at the trailer registration and for Vin it says None. The sticker on the trailer for the VIN and Trailer model is faded away entirely.

I would like to to purchase new hub assemblies for both sides to avoid a repeat of this ordeal if the other side goes. It is a 5 stud hub and from what I am told by trailer dealers looking at the parts is that it has 2 bearings one 3/4" and the other 1".

If someone can help me out with the trailer information and where to find the hub assemblies that fit this trailer, I would be in your debt.

Thanks so much for your help.

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Need Hub Assembly for Shoreland'r Trailer made for 83 Bayliner Capri 1950

Try Northern Tool or Fleet Farm. Shorelander uses a pretty standard hub, I know I bought a spare from Northern a couple years ago for mine.

robbie0517

Recruit

Try Northern Tool or Fleet Farm. Shorelander uses a pretty standard hub, I know I bought a spare from Northern a couple years ago for mine.

Thanks for the help. I searched through my paperwork on the boat and finally found paperwork from the original owner that gives the VIN and the Model# which is a huge help of course.

I contacted Shoreland'r to purchase the hub assembly only to find out they no longer manufacture it. However they did provide me with the part numbers I need to acquire the parts locally and rebuild it. These parts can be easily found at most automotive parts stores, I purchased the parts I needed at my local NAPA.

I'll share the information I found out about the trailer with hopes it will save someone else the headache I went through over the last couple of weeks. Shoreland'r puts the VIN on 2 stickers on the frame of the trailer which will surely be faded after 30 years or missing altogether.

The trailer manufactured by Shoreland'r for the 1983 Bayliner Capri 1950 is Model#R16SA Model Year: 1983

The hub assembly part numbers are as follows:

Timken Bearings
Inner Bearing 1 1/4" LM67048
Race For The Bearing Is Part#LM67010
Outer Bearing Part# 3/4" LM11949
Race Part# LM11910
Inner Dust Seal Part#CR 14977

Thanks again for the help, this forum has proven invaluable and has helped me out so many times. Thanks!

oldjeep

Admiral

For future use, all those parts come in one kit at Northern for about $15 a side. Hopefully Napa wasn't too bad.