1988 Cox Superloader roller replacement

bjrrockwell

Seaman Apprentice
Took boat out for first trip today of year. While backing boat off must of sheared a pin on rollers and roller fell off, and took a decent piece of hull with it. I figured this is a sign and plan replacing all 24 however Cox has been out of business for some time. Rollers have following dimensions 3 inch width, 4 inch height, 3/4 inch inside diameter, and it appears 2 inch inside width however tough to tell with spacer inside and washers. I'm unfamiliar. I measured the marked area on bared shaft and it appears roller and washers covered 2 1/4 inches but I noticed the others also have a spacer on the inside. Looking for any advice. Also when I go to replace all the rollers it would be easiest to do it with boat off trailer just trying to figure out logistics as local lake enforcement will frown on me doing it in parking lot with boat in the water. Thank you.

bjrrockwell

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1988 Cox Superloader roller replacement

Thank you and yes its a wobble roller trailer (24 rollers) and I went and ordered the parts from Eastern Marine. I purchased 3 to start and if they fit well I'm going to replace all 24 as I beleive they are due. Any suggestions on replacing the one that is missing. I don't wish to move the trailer again to create further marring or damage to the hull. Once that one is replaced I'm going to try to just go to the local lake.. anchor offshore and change the rest in the parking lot. Hope to do it on a weekday where I'm less likely to raise the ire of local park authorities. Thanks. My thoughts were to apply pressure via jack to the opposite side of arm that roller is missing from to try to slightly raise boat via 4 good rollers off of set with missing roller. I don't know enough to know if this will work. I know safety will be of utmost importance with that much weight jacked up. Again any suggestions to help replace the missing one without further damaging boat would be helpful, I have a lake in my community but they won't let you put anything in it with an outboard attached. That would be perfect as is 1/4 mile from my house. Only other option is Beltzville which is a 18 mile drive. Thanks.