Bow stop placement?

CZSteve

Seaman
I'm doing some work on the Shoreland'r double trailer that came with our '96 Sea-Doo GTX's and thinking of lowering the bow stops from how it was when we acquired the trailer.

The existing location seems to hit the front bumper of the trim piece on the ski; I have new trim pieces and I'm thinking that if I lower the bow stop it will avoid hitting the front bumper when loading but I don't want to cause additional harm elsewhere; see pic for reference.

- Lowered position places the bow stop below the strap attachment point.
- Will this cause the ski to ride up and over when loading?
- Good idea? Dump Idea? Other???

IMAG1119.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

81_chapparel194

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bow stop placement?

i think you should be fine lowering the bow roller. just a few inches to get it off the bumper rail. the roller above the eye is a good rule but not possible for EVERY set up. my 19.5 ft bow rider has the roller below the eye. they say it stops the boat from riding up over the roller in an emergency stop, but think about it the eye is bolted into only fiberglass, so enough force to rip that eye out is not very much at all. the best method is to have good reliable stern straps on the craft to keep it from sliding forward. i use a 3 1/2 inch wide heavy duty strap on each side of the stern from stern eye down to trailer. not sure what the working load is on these straps but i think some where around 10k pounds each. they are not typical walmart straps. bought them at a truck stop. so i think you will be fine having your eye above the roller just use a good heavy duty stern strap.