Can you change inlet position on Kodiak SS Caliper?

Whitey72

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all, I have just redone my brake system on my tracker trailer for my q4. I spent the $$ and put on kodiak ss calipers onto new dacromet rotor/hubs with new flexi lines. Trouble is today I hit a huge pot hole which has caused the springs to flex a lot and it has snapped off my new flexi hose from the central inlet fitting.

Is it possible to interchange the bleeding nipple with the centre inlet fitting? If so I plan to swap the bottom bleed and put the inlet fitting there which will keep it away from the chassis. Before you ask, here in Australia we have to cut and shut the axle to make them meet our traffic laws which makes it all a very tight fit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers Whitey

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Can you change inlet position on Kodiak SS Caliper?

No . Simple as that. You will not be able to bleed the system.

Whitey72

Seaman Apprentice

I'm probably wrong but I thought that all 3 holes (the two bleeding nipples on one side and the central inlet on the other) all lead to the piston cavity to let the brake fluid in / out as required? The bleeding nipples are the same as the calipers are inverted between the different sides of the trailer where fitted and the central inlet just lets in the fluid with no internal valves etc to ensure the fluid can return to the master cylinder. I won't be bleeding from the centre fitting but thought it wouldn't make a difference having the fluid being pumped in from the original bottom bleeding inlet and still bleed when required from the other bleeding nipple above it. I just wanted to check if they are all the same thread etc.
Cheers Whitey

UncleWillie

Captain

A picture would help.
As I understand it, there are two bleed ports.
The bottom one become the top one if used on the other side and you want to use the bottom one to attach the brake line.

As long as the working Bleed nipple is the uppermost port, you should be fine.
Air rises. Even in the Down Under. :lol: