F-150 tow package fuse panel

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I have no power on the tail light wire on the factory tow package . Brake /turn lights are good . I did a search on the forum and it seems there is a separate fuse box for the t/p . The owners manual did not help in finding it but I am to understand that it,s located somewhere in the engine compartment . Does anyone know where it,s located ? Here is a pic of what I think it may be . I,m really not sure . Thanks for any help ! :noidea:
DSC01169_zps73539675.jpg

DSC01170_zpse20abca6.jpg

strdrk1

Recruit
Re: F-150 tow package fuse panel

on my 02 f-150 there was one fuse box under the hood right above the drivers side tire under a black box and also another fuse panel inside by the hood release handle.

what you have pictured has nothing to do with the trailer lights.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The owners manual will have a schematic for the fuses and relays. My 2001 F-150 had the reverse lock out relay in a bag stuffed in a storage compartment behind the rear seat. There was no seperate fuse box for the towing package all the fuses and relays were in the main box on the driver's side.

oldjeep

Admiral

On my 02, you had to install an additional relay or 2 and fuse in the regular fuse box under the hood to get the power out the back. With the tow package the parts came in the glove box but were not installed.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class

On my 2011 the location is right above the radiator. It is a funky relay type fuse. I have blown it before. It is weird how they have those fused on theior own. What year is your truck?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It,s a 2008 . I think it is fused at the main box under the glove box . Ya know I do remember some kind of harness in a plastic bag stuffed behind the seat. This is my company truck and I wanted to hook to it to test the lights on my trailer . For insurance reasons I am not allowed to pull personal trailers with it. I would still like to figure out the problem . I,m gunna take some time this weekend and try and work it out ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Reading the instructions that came with the towing package . There is a harness that connects under the dash that controls the brake function and a relay that has to be installed in the main fuse panel . My trailer will not be using brakes so the harness will not be needed . I installed the relay and still no power for the running lights on the 4 pronged harness . The brake and turn lights work fine .

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer

2004-2008 F-150 Trailer Fuse Block is located behind the right kick panel below the glove box. They are fused seperately for LT, RT, Tail, etc... When you pull the kick panel, there is the fuse block and when you remove the cover, it will list the fuse location and size.

thyNemesis

Seaman

I had a similiar problem, was a fuse located in a small fuse box, under hood, side wheel well area, drivers side.