• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harbor freight trailer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harbor freight trailer

I'd still like to know what the OP was trying to tell us. It doesn't sound like he was proposing using a Harbor Freight trailer to actually haul a boat.
    Bob
    Orange County, NY
    '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
    Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
    Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

I'am not going to argue with anyone seems like we have to many fundalmentalist conservatives replying to this post and I got into boating to get away from guys like you but No man is own island I need a island with some of these remarks.....

Take care

Comment

Oh by the way God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Godfirst View Post
          I'am not going to argue with anyone seems like we have to many fundalmentalist conservatives replying to this post and I got into boating to get away from guys like you but No man is own island I need a island with some of these remarks.....

Take care
          I have no idea what you're talking about. But this is the first time I've been referred to as a "fundamentalist conservative," which, if you knew me, would be about the last thing I am.
          Bob
          Orange County, NY
          '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
          Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
          Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdee View Post
            Not true, I have assembled 4 of them that have accumulated thousands of miles with no issues. They are an exceptional value for the money.
            If there is an ongoing issue with Harbor Freight stuff, it is the nuts and bolts that are included are usually crap. Replace them when you put the thing together and you end up with a much better product.
            Jay Hanig
            Topsail Beach, NC USA
            1985 Galaxy 176 Bowrider
            "No Good Deed"

Comment

Originally posted by Godfirst View Post

Take care
              You would think that with a name like godfirst you would at least believe that lying is wrong....
              You suggest that someone should consider fraudulently placing the vin tag from one trailer on another to circumvent title laws.

IE some thug steals my boat trailer and you buy it cheap without a title and then cover MY vin number with another so YOU don't get ripped off.....

If disagreeing with you makes me a fundamentalist conservative then call me Rush any day.
              Kevin

But, where are the reevets?
              1981 Wellcraft V-20 CC Fisherman (FREE BOAT)
              1989 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28(Build thread here)
              1992 Hotsports Jet'n'Cat Yam 701 WR3 drivetrain "SS George Washington"
              90's Yamaha WRIII and a pair of 95 Kawasaki ZXI-900's
              Fresh clean cheap oil is better then old dirty expensive oil any day
              sigpic

Comment

My suggestion is to register it in Maine, then move it to your home state. That seams to be a common way to deal with trailers that are messed up.
                sigpicJames & Deb

Bad Dog

If it aint broke your not having enough fun

my 1988 Riviera Cruzer pontoon rebuild
                http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=526820

Comment

I'am not going to parts out this trailer end of story when life give you lemons make lemonade

Comment

ethics is always the best policy......

Comment

Wow, what a strange thread !!!!
                      Will be watching this with interest from the sidelines.
                      sigpicMarada 2100 Executive Series, 5 Litre V8 with Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive. 2007 K-Z Spree 260 RBH, all = a whole lot of family fun !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenmyfam View Post
                        Wow, what a strange thread !!!!
                        Will be watching this with interest from the sidelines.
                        Agreed!
                        Usually, condescending remarks and name calling isn't the most effective way to get help from public forums.

Comment

Here in the USA we don't have the best laws and systems, but they are what we have and what we use. No country is a utopia. Don't like the US System? Try another country!

Having worked in the government, it nettles me when people think "the system" is against them. First off, there is no "system" and second "it" is not against anyone. The laws exist--for the most part-- for the good of the many. Thus, because of this concept, some will suffer--be it aggravation or monetary or whatever. Hell, I was on the receiving end a couple of times and I certainly did not like it, but, you don't see me crying. I worked within the parameters of "the system" and acheived a workable (for me) solution.

Thus: Whiners about the inequity of the law get no sympathy from me. They get some cheese to go with their whine.

Comment

Nothing new under the sun, and being criticized from some of this replies from a obvious malacious comments moving to another country I bet some of you are flying pirate flags I fly a USA one myself.
                            Merry Christmas

Comment

I've bought and sold so many rigs over the years that the admiral has taken to calling me Mr. Haney, yet while Arkansas does require trailer titles I've never had an issue on either side of a transaction including interstate deals. It's been my experience that one's attitude is the single greatest factor in the ownership transfer equation. An adversarial approach, which is clearly the one you have chosen, will get one exactly nowhere and is certainly not consistent with the ethics or beliefs you purport to espouse.
                              Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
                              21' Suntracker(for my girls), 16' Polarkraft MV w/ 25 HP Merc(for me), 14' Odyssey bucket raft, Square stern Ouachita canoe (finally confessed to the admiral) Cute little 2.5 Merc, 16' Purple Mad River Explorer; vice-admiral's boat, but she lets me use it as long as I don't forget it's hers. Blue Hole Sunburst; a piece of history (or a piece of something else if you ask the admiral)

Comment

Lived in Arkansas drove for cannon express many years ago long haul over the road.
                                Thanks for all the response

Duane

Comment

Working...
                                X