shorelander v.s. ezloader boat trailer for inflatable boat

ericlin0122

Cadet
Hi all,
I am gonna get a boat trailer. Currently I am considering these two.
One local shop carries ezloader trailer, they mentioned that this brand is hassle free to maintain (i.e. bearing, etc...).
However, I am leaning towards shorelander trailer (SLB10), due to price is significantly different. $775 for shorelander and $1600 for ezloader.
I am wondering if there is anyone has experience with shorelander trailer (i.e. bear maintenance, etc...)? Is shorelander quality much poorer compares to ezloader?
Thanks,
Eric

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: shorelander v.s. ezloader boat trailer for inflatable boat

The brand makes "0" difference-usually.

For that price spread, we're missing something.

The #1 thing you need to know about trailers is fitment.

If the trailer doesn't fit the hull=distaster.

If the trailer has 12" wheels, as opposed to 13" wheels-BIG difference.

The lower the trailer is to the gound, the better it will tow and launch.

Few realize that the trailer can make the difference between using a boat and parking it. If it is a pain to unload and load, you'll park it.

87pachanga22

Recruit

I have had both trailers and both of the two that I have owned were roller trailers.
I can?t say that one was any better than the other as far as quality and usability but I personally liked the Shore Lander trailers looks better. I believe that you can get adjustable bunks and or solid mounted bunks from both companies.

Go with what you like looking at better.

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya neither brand matters. I have both with a 20' on the Shorelander and a 22' on the EZ (just sold the ez) The shorelander is galvanized, the ez painted and looks like crap (rusty). The shore has bunks and the EZ has rollers. Rollers are "easier" for a bigger boat. The shore has 14" 5lug galvanized wheels single axle and the EZ 15" 6 lug painted wheels single axle. 14" wheels and tires are cheaper and the painted looks like crap (rusty). Shore is square tube and EZ is " [ " channel. Both have front wheeled jack, bearing buddies, good lights, tie down hooks. EZ has surge brakes shore has nothing.

As long as the boat fits the bunks/rollers well and the trailer is of the correct weight capacity go with galvanized. Everything else is typical.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I always considered Shoreland'r the gold standard. That's all I've owned or will own. All were/are rollers and the boat centers itself real well when loading. I agree, with that price difference, you're not comparing apples to apples. I consider Shoreland'rs to be hassle free. Any trailer needs to be properly maintained.

When it comes right down to it, personal preference is usually the deciding factor......

ericlin0122

Cadet

Thanks guys for all inputs, very appreciated. Now I know what to ask to the seller. I will make sure the shorelander has proper fitment for my boat. I will post some pictures after I get the trailer and motor.