Anybody know a source for bunk roller assembly like this?

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need some serious adjustability on my little used galvanized trailer to make it work with my flat-bottomed Westport Skiff. Anybody know where I can get something like these in the U.S.? I'd hate to think what shipping from UK would be.

Thanks in advance.

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anybody know a source for bunk roller assembly like this?

No, that one won't work. That particular variety is available all over the place (I think my local sporting goods store even carries them), but it's designed for a frame member running fore-n-aft. I don't have a fore-n-aft frame member on my trailer - only cross-beams. But I can't seem to find an adjustable roller that's made for cross-beam frame members, except for the low-profile bolt-on numbers, and I don't think they'll go up high enough to work for me.

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's funny; that's actually one of the pages I have bookmarked for potential solutions. I also have this one (but there's no dimensions on the page, so I can't tell how much adjustment there is), and this one. I'm leaning toward that last one, but I need to verify a few measurements first.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Could always go to a welding fab shop and have a couple made up. Can buy the rollers anywhere and would just need the mounts made up. Looks simple enough with some flat stock and some 2X2" or 3X3" square tube. We make up stuff like that all the time for conveyors.

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No dice at Champion.

Welding shop is a good idea...man I need to learn to weld. And buy a welding machine.