Lug Pattern Easy Loader Vs. Shorelander

frankttaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone! I have 1990 Shorelander trailer with 13" 5 lug wheels. I need a spare and found a 12" 5 lug weel/tire that is being sold from a Easy Loader trailer.I know it isn't ideal to go to a 12" wheel as a spare but I just need temporary transport so the size difference doesn't concern me too much. Does anyone know if the lug pattern is universal or do I need to be looking for a Shorelansder wheel?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Lug Pattern Easy Loader Vs. Shorelander

Hi everyone! I have 1990 Shorelander trailer with 13" 5 lug wheels. I need a spare and found a 12" 5 lug weel/tire that is being sold from a Easy Loader trailer.I know it isn't ideal to go to a 12" wheel as a spare but I just need temporary transport so the size difference doesn't concern me too much. Does anyone know if the lug pattern is universal or do I need to be looking for a Shorelansder wheel?

Ayuh,... Normally, the trailer bolt patterns are 4 on 4", 'n 5 on 4, 1/2"...

Although there's a new thread in here claimin' his trailer is 5 on 4, 1/4"... I've never seen such a wheel, myself..

I'd be more concern that the 12" wheel won't fit over yer brakes, if ya got 'em...

frankttaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good point on the brakes. I didn't even think about that. Not sure if the 12" will work or not. I guess I could get creative and if a trailer brake tire goes I could swap that out witha 13" and put the 12" on a nonn traikler brake wheel. That is some extra work but I really don't want to throw a 100 bucks at a spare if I can get by for 10 bucks.

frankttaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I sure fat fingered that reply - Sorry!