1992 Tracker trailer wiring

creann

Recruit
purchased a Tracker 16' Deep V. The person I bought it from towed it with a 2008 Tacoma, all lights worked. I tow with a 2001 Tundra; brake and turn lights work, running lights don't. I would think the tail lights are on a different pole and all I have to do is find the tail light wire and move it to the corresponding pole on the truck plug. Am I on the right direction to remedy this situation?

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1992 Tracker trailer wiring

There are a couple of things to check before you start hacking away at a wiring harness. Get a 12 VDC test light and check to be sure you have voltage at your tow vehicle receptacle. If there is no voltage at the running lights then you have a problem on the tow vehicle. It could be as simple as a blown fuse or you may have to trace the harness to find a broken wire or bad connection. If you are using an adapter to connect the vehicle and trailer harnesses be sure to plug it into the vehicle and test it also. I have seen the adapters fail quite often.
If the lights all worked when connected to the previous owners vehicle i doubt there is a problem in the trailer.RV Connector.jpgTrailer wiring.jpg

creann

Recruit
Re: 1992 Tracker trailer wiring

There are a couple of things to check before you start hacking away at a wiring harness. Get a 12 VDC test light and check to be sure you have voltage at your tow vehicle receptacle. If there is no voltage at the running lights then you have a problem on the tow vehicle. It could be as simple as a blown fuse or you may have to trace the harness to find a broken wire or bad connection. If you are using an adapter to connect the vehicle and trailer harnesses be sure to plug it into the vehicle and test it also. I have seen the adapters fail quite often.
If the lights all worked when connected to the previous owners vehicle i doubt there is a problem in the trailer.View attachment 142239View attachment 142240

Thank you for the response, it was a problem with the plug on the tow vehicle, the plug on the trailer was not going in all the way in to the plug on the truck.