1982 Cox Trailer, Wiring Help

Kfarron1

Cadet
So I've got a 1982 Cox Trailer for my 79' fiberform runabout...

When I got this a couple weeks ago, all the lights worked 100% for the trailer inspection, Now when I plug in, I have no running lights but I do have turn signals, 4 ways, and brake lights... Why wouldnt I have running lights as well, Looking for help as to where I need to begin my search and testing...

I am a noob to boating and to trailers but I am pretty handy all around, diagrams and well worded advice carries me a long way...

I appericate any and all help from ya'll....

Thanks in advance!
Keith

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Cox Trailer, Wiring Help

You lost voltage on the brown wire. You know ground is good because the lights work otherwise. Check the brown wire on the tow vehicle. If you have voltage there, check at the trailer. The brown wire feeds the side marker lights and the tail lights. May have blown the tail light fuse in the tow vehicle. Check for frayed wiring everywhere in the system.

Kfarron1

Cadet

If I blew the fuse on my yukon, wouldn't the lights on that be out as well ???

I will check everything out and see what it looks like...

If it helps I am towing with an 03' GMC yukon denali xl... its got the tow package...

-Keith

SteveMcD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My F250 has two fuse-boxes. Does yours? I was unaware of that until my trailer lights went out. Good luck.

Kfarron1

Cadet

Had a blown 15amp mini fuse under the hood with all the relays,etc...

Glad it was an easy fix, I assume I have a frayed wire and with the lights on the contact of the water may have blown the fuse ???

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Had a blown 15amp mini fuse under the hood with all the relays,etc...

Glad it was an easy fix, I assume I have a frayed wire and with the lights on the contact of the water may have blown the fuse ???

Kfa - Thanks for the follow-up. So often things are left hanging. And A big Welcome Aboard.