Ranger Boat Trailer wiring diagram

Thewagen

Cadet
I have A 1990 OR 1991 RANGER TRAILER FOR MY 1991 RANGER 375v. I NEED THE WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS TRAILER AS THE WIRE COLORS DON;T SEEM TO MATCH TRADITIONAL 4 WIRE COLORS. HELP!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Ranger Boat Trailer wiring diagram

it wires like ever other trailer . If ranger used odd ball colors it dosnt matter the wires go to the same place. You have two choices, call ranger and see if they can and will send you a drawing , or rewire it like it should be.

trailer%20wiring%20diagram.jpg

Thewagen

Cadet

Thanks for the update. I'll do just that. Rewire it like it should be according to your drawing. I'll also contact Ranger Boats just for Ss&Gs too.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If you look at a tail light, both sides will have one wire that is the same on both sides. That's the running lights (dimmer) and that wire will also feed any side or center marker lights. The other wire on each side should be different colors. Those are the brake/turn signal. White will be ground. Electricity doesn't care what color the wires are. Since the wiring (except for color) must still be the same as other flat fours, all you need to do is look at the connector to tell what color is what. If it is still a mystery, break out your battery charger. Hook the negative lead to the ground terminal on the plug and touch the positive clip to any terminal on the plug. Note the wire color and then look to see what light(s) are on.