Any advice on trailer bunk board slides???

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Got a brand new sea doo 180. Has a really good kayak brand galvanized trailer with 2x8 bunk boards. I still have a little trouble with it unloading and loading. I've saw these bunk slides usually come 10 to a pack and 12 or 15" long. Claim to improve loading and unloading by 500%. I find that hard to believe. I have ordered a set because tey were only $40. Does anyone have experience with these types of products. Will they affect, scratch, or harm my beautiful new gel coat?? Thanks for any advice everyone.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Any advice on trailer bunk board slides???

If they are the white teflon pads they are great. We'd slide a 19' skiff off the bunks not even floating the boat.

Couldn't tell about scratching since it was the bottom of the boat that (a) often ran over oyster beds and (b) no one looks under there anyway. Why would it matter? Anyway, just keep them clear of grit and gravel and you should be OK.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

They aren't recommended for painted bottoms, but they should be fine on gelcoat.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

I was at the ramp yesterday and noticed quite a few empty trailers sporting those plastic guides. Judging from the size of the trailers, the boats were pretty good size, as well.

If you want alternatives, look into the "spray-on" bunk lubes (someone also suggested ArmorAll). I tried it last year and it worked (exceedingly:facepalm:) well in launcing, but needs to be reapplied often. It wasn't the real solution for my needs as it was loading that was nearly impossible by myself....solved that last week with a Powerwinch...piece of cake now...and I no longer dread the end of the boating day;)

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for all the replies I have already purchased a set I think I will give them a whirl. Thanks

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

hey Richard--how about that power winch? I hoped you'd check back. I was cranking my boat up Sunday missing mine!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Heaven on Earth, my friend...see post for pics

Last edited: