• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-Run Trailer Tires Reviews ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Run Trailer Tires Reviews ??

I recently went to my local boating store for new trailer tires. After arriving to pick my trailer up I noticed they used Hi-Run trailer tires made in China. Has anyone had any problems or reviews good or bad regarding these tires ? I've heard alot of people had negative comments about these tires on horse and camping trailers out west but I can't seem to find any reviews about these on boat trailers.

Any reviews would be very helpful

Re: Hi-Run Trailer Tires Reviews ??

I used to keep my raft and all my camping gear in a little covered utility trailer. When it was time for a float trip I'd just hook 'er up and go. It had Hi-Runs on it and I punctured one every trip. Now, in fairness I must tell you that I was towing that trailer down some really bad roads and onto gravel bars that required 4x4, so take my experience within context and with a grain of salt. Can't really give any good towing beta on them because I ditched the little trailer in favor of a bigger and badder one. Consensus is I'm purty hard on stuff.
    Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    21' Suntracker(for my girls), 16' Polarkraft MV w/ 25 HP Merc(for me), 14' Odyssey bucket raft, Square stern Ouachita canoe (finally confessed to the admiral) Cute little 2.5 Merc, 16' Purple Mad River Explorer; vice-admiral's boat, but she lets me use it as long as I don't forget it's hers. Blue Hole Sunburst; a piece of history (or a piece of something else if you ask the admiral)

Comment

Working...
    X