ez loader trailer tail lights mount upside down?

findinghomer

Petty Officer 1st Class
i need to replace my left side tail light but i think they may mount backward so my part number is confusing. i dont have the boat with me to look at it and i need to get it ordered asap so im hoping someone can help me out. here is the link to the part im buying http://www.iboats.com/Waterproof-Wr...55411433--**********.146296566--view_id.40541 its definately one of these but it seems i have to buy a right hand lens to fit the left side for an ez loader trailer? its a 2000 model. off the top of my head i know the flat end does go toward the inside of the trailer, and the slanted edge points outward. but i cant remember if the slanted edge slants short side up or long side up. ive looked at some photos online and it the ones i have found the slanted side goes short side up, which would make it a RH lands on the LH side. but i dont know if this is always the case. does anyone know if i do indeed need the right hand lens, to fit the left side? and if so, wont i lose the license plate light? thanks for any help.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: ez loader trailer tail lights mount upside down?

@ $4.00 depending on how far your boat is away, buy one of each, replace both keep old as a spare. can't drive very far for a gallon of gas.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

might consider reading the description in the link you posted

"NOTE: Check position of your mounting screw (normally on the bottom) as some manufacturer's (EZ-Loader) lights mount in the reverse position."

FWIW.... On MY ezloader trailer. I threw the stock lights in the trash and put sealed L.E.D.'s on it..... much 'gooder and cheap too.... I think I payed $39 for the pair

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You say you need a new trailer light,

BUT the link you supplied is for just the lens.