Are there hauling services that provide trailers?

qlf

Recruit
Hi,

My friend has a 28' SeaRay in a slip in a harbor. We're trying to transfer it to long-term dry storage and put it on blocks. However, I do NOT have a trailer. Are there services that haul boats out of the water and transfer on their trailer? Are there any other options that anyone can think of?

The boat is in the San Francisco Bay Area and we're thinking of moving it to dry storage in a harbor that is ~50 miles away (by car).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SolingSailor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Are there hauling services that provide trailers?

There are many boat moving services near SF. Just google boat hauling or boat moving. Sometimes individual trailer owners will rent you their unused trailer, which will be much cheaper.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If your going to store it in Pittsburg just run it up the river. lol You can see the mothball fleet.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah do a local search or check with some marinas

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes, People do haul.. check craigslist here is a link to someone in my area that is doing pontoon hauling http://muncie.craigslist.org/boa/2578816697.html you should check craigslist in your area or surrounding areas of you or if anything put a ad in the boating secton and see if anyone gives you a call.

qlf

Recruit

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I've called a bunch of marinas in the area and asked for leads but haven't had any luck, yet. I've also tried local searches for boat haulers but everything I've found so far requires the boat owner to have a trailer.

I'll try craigslist and keep trying other haulers in the SF Bay Area.

Thanks again and please let me know if anyone else has any ideas.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

call a boat dealer.... a big one