carlisle usa trail or sport trail which one is better

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class
looking to replace my 10 year old carlisle usa trails with one of these two styles
just wondering if one is better then the other

thanks Bob

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: carlisle usa trail or sport trail which one is better

Don't have the answer yet, since I'm still evaluating my tire purchase made 3 months ago. However, i did do tons of research along the way.

Too many complaints on anything Carlisle, including the USA made USA Trails. I have a USA Trail spare and it looks lousy after only 4 years.

Goodyears seem to be hit and miss, mostly poor lately since they are all now made in China.

Based on many good reviews I ended up buying Loadstars. They are Chinatires but reports of high quality are frequent. I also have an 8 year old set (OEMs) on another trailer and they have held up very well.

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looked at the loadstars to
wanted to stay with usa made tires but do not know
if you can do that anymore

thanks for you input

Bob

204 Escape

Ensign

I am running COOPER SRMII 185R14C tires. They are 6 plys. AMERICAN made.

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class

forgot to say they are 4.80 x 12's

Bob

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am running COOPER SRMII 185R14C tires. They are 6 plys. AMERICAN made.

Coope based in Findlay, Ohio 45840, closed a US plant and is shifting more production to China. I have only bought 1 set of Cooper tires that was when I wa in HS and was not impressed. I grew up 10 miles from Findlay and knew many people that worked there. There are fewwer and fewwer things made in this country, and is getting worse. The tree hugers love it because less polution trouble is China dumps everything in air, and water causing more polution. My son is doing the best he can, working in a hardware store, he has graduated college, and makes 1/2 what I do. He runs the rental dept, and does their repair service for small engines, and Milwalkee tools. If he ever has a son that would meen hisson will make less than min wage.

motoatvmaniac

Recruit

It looks like the Carlisle USA Trail is slightly more expensive than the Sport Trail. They are both DOT approved, though, and come in the same sizes and plies. It looks like the USA trail has a tread depth of 8, where the Sport Trail has a tread depth of 7. USA Trail is a bit lighter weight, too. Sources: boattrailertires.com (under Carlisle bias 12") and carlisletire.com.

Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

i just has a set of the Kenda load star 10 plys for 51.00 each and so far no complaints can shoot you the link if you want