motorized trailer dolly

saltymotor

Recruit
What is your opinion on these. I need to push a 20ft boat / trailer up a 20 % incline. Is this possible? what about the Parkit360? I ve read some not so good reviews on them.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: motorized trailer dolly

I've never used or seen one, but I just googled Parkit360 and saw the prices. I would say if space isn't a concern, a old used garden tractor would do a better job for alot less money. 20% is alot, and unless it's paved, I would have a hard time seeing the dolly doing it, but again, no first hand knowledge.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Your task calls for a front mounted ball on your tow vehicle. I don't think anything else can do it safely or anywhere near as inexpensively.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Is this to get into your garage? How about a power winch mounted on the wall?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

There are a few problems with this. For one, 20% is a huge grade. Once your boat gets moving down this, you better have electric brakes you can control or you won't be able to stop it. With these power movers, if the power mover is moving backwards, you can't switch it to forward until the power mover stops. In your case, if you were pushing it up the hill and it started rolling down the hill for some reason, you are toast! This is a safety mechanism to keep you from wiping out the gears.

I have the Power Caster.
http://www.powercaster.com/Products.html