Titan model 10 Rebuild

04fxdwgi

Senior Chief Petty Officer
dampers.jpg
Anyone ever change the dampers (item # 29) on one of these Titan units? Mine seen shot.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Titan model 10 Rebuild

What makes you think they are shot?

04fxdwgi

What makes you think they are shot?

When I start off from a stop, seems as though there is no "snubbing action", as I get a pretty good clunk when the tongue extends back out with the pulling force. I would think the snubbers would soften it through "shock absorber" type action. I get no noise when tongue compresses (braking), just on the extension, making me believe it's the snubbers.

I know it's not the trailer hich / reciever, as it has done the same thing with two different trucks / hitches. Going down the road in a steady state, it quiet as a church mouse.

This is first trailer I have had with surge brakes, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Oh yeah, it's a '92 trailer (19) years old and doesn't look like anything has ever been done to the tongue, aside from the master cylinder.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

That's not the dampers that is causing that. Your master cylinder is more than likely failed. Check your brake fluid level and see if the brakes are actually working.

04fxdwgi

That's not the dampers that is causing that. Your master cylinder is more than likely failed. Check your brake fluid level and see if the brakes are actually working.

Brakes are working. I can feel em when I brake, especially when going down a hill.