Shocks for old TeeNee trailer

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Re: Shocks for old TeeNee trailer

If it has independent coil spring with shocks the VW was amost a identical shock from Auto Zone

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Think it was Beatle but not shure but i bought two sets. When I get to upstairs of barn I'll get part # off of box . Old Wood boat went to dump but trailer has been with me since 70's .

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does your trailer have a tilt function? If so, I sure would like to see a picture of it. I'm rebuilding what I think is an old TeeNee trailer and would like to see how it was originally set up and what the tilt latch mechanism looks like.

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Shocks that would work on mine are Monroe 59041 . I looked for a while but what was wrong was hinge at top was seized on one side .

You guys are great, thanks so much for the help. Yes my TeeNee was a tilt at one time (actually a double tilt-up rubber wheel assembly operated by pulling on a rope) but during my last restoration I left it off, don't remember why.

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Shocks on my trailer Monroe Gas-matic 59041 and 28-83372 on box also stamped with PO57K on shock. P.S. Marked line on shock when compressed so I could glance at to see if I was close to overloading . Super riding handling trailer , light , 4x9' coragated galvanized sides , drop gate , goes to places that straight axel trailers drop in ruts and cant drag w/four wheelers . Worst thing is getting this modified boat trailer back after loaning . Currently has 900# Couger 30' man lift and 3 stainless 80gal tanks so it wont be gone .

Attachments

• shocks.JPG
    shocks.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: