Shorelander Trailer (1987) axle specs needed.

G

Does anyone have any specs for an 87 Shorelander trailer model T32. I want change the drum brakes that don't work for disc but can't find any specs or measurements to see what fits the axle stub on line. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Shorelander Trailer (1987) axle specs needed.

Your choices are to call Shorelander or else remove a wheel and measure the spindle at the inner and outer bearing locations. You either have a 3500# axle with 1-1/16 outer and 1-3/8 inner bearings, or you have a 2000 - 2200# axle with 1-1/16 inner and outer bearings. On the smaller axle you will be limited to 8 or 10 inch brakes. On the 3500# axle you can have the larger 12 inch.

G

Thanks Silvertip I will look at it as soon as I get it back from the top repair shop. I had to get the tops raised up as it was only 6' on the biminy and 5'6" on the rear camper top. I am 6'6" so I just could not fit under them very comfotably :facepalm: But as soon as I can I'll measure them to find out. Thanks again.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Is this a single or tandem axle trailer? If its a tandem, the axles are very likely 3500# capacity. If it is a single and has 14 or 15 inch wheels and tires, it is also very likely a 3500# axle.

G

Thanks again Silvertip I got a link from some else that got me in contact with the tech service dept. of Shorelander and they sent me a manual online that I could use. They said that the manuals are not available for that year of trailer as it is so old so they copied one and emailed it to me. Nice of them wasn't it? Thanks agaim.