New Stoltz rollers (the old ones were new also...but garbage!)

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys,so today i got my new Stoltz rollers installed.I just picked them up at Bass Pro in Airdrie Alberta,Canada. They were not cheap but after seeing my old rubber ones (new...bought the Ez Loader trailer and the Lund WC 14 boat just two monts ago) ...and you be the judge, they looked crushed like they have been in use for years...:mad: BTW they are new as in 2010...i only hope that my new Stoltz will prove to last more than months...also used stainless steel bolts,nuts and washers. Lubed them with Shell Synthetic grease. I like them,they look ...nice:p
Thank you,
Dan

Attachments

• Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 001.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 001.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 003.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 003.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 007.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 007.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1
  • Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 010.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 010.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 022.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 022.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1

Triton II

Commander
Re: New Stoltz rollers (the old ones were new also...but garbage!)

They look cool... dear as poison here in Australia, but cool nonetheless! :cool:

TII

dozerII

Admiral

Where is the roller in the second photo positioned on the trailer? Does your trailer have bunks as well? The keel rollers on my trailer had the same depressions and one was split right in half. What I found was the bunks were not adjusted properly to carry most of the weight when the boat is all the way on the trailer, so the keel rollers were trying to carry it unsuccessfully. It sure is hard not to drop alot of coin when you go in the big store in Airdre. lol
Glen

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi to all,
You are right dozerII, the rollers were not positioned right (there were kids working at the boat dealership...:eek:...what do you expect...) like i said the rubber rollers are just months old,sad. When i was installing the Stoltz i was under the trailer with ratchet and measuring tape, and a mallet to slowly tap the brackets in place,took a whille but it's done right.I'm going to make another bracket (or if i can find one galvanized) to add another roller (keel) futher towards the front of the trailer to reduce the stress on the the single keel roller. The bow roller with the bells cost like $ 40.00 !!!!,the little guys were $ 15.00/each (i bought two) and the three bolts in stainless with nuts and washers another $ 30.00... (i think we are beeing hoosed big time up here in Canada:confused:) the wife was not very happy but she understands that the Stoltz are by far way better and will last and protect our little boat.
DoserII,the boat does have bunks (carpeted) way in the back and they seem to be in place properly.
Thank you Triton II,
Dan

Attachments

• Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 023.jpg
    Lund WC 14 new Stoltz rollers with stainless bolts 023.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 0

dozerII

Admiral

Dan we do seem to have to pay a real premium up here. I have tried buying from all of them, including Iboats, but the shipping and handling is more than the parts. I did find a great place out of Vancouver that has lots of parts and is resonable on freight and very fast.
Glen

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Must have been cheap or defective rollers on that new trailer because that Lund only weighs a few hundred pounds and I wouldn't believe those new rollers should have deformed like that in just a few months. Or maybe just another case of "they just don't make'm like they used too!"

My Lund S14DLX sits on the trailer all the time and after 2 years my rollers don't look like that and it only has 4 rollers and 2 short bunks.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

I bet you get 3-5 more HP out of your boat now:p:):D

superbenk

Commander

I hate those black rubber rollers. I started by replacing my worn out rubber bowstop, then the front keel roller & was so impressed that I just replaced them all whether they were showing signs of age or not. The poly rollers are SOOOO much nicer to the hull & they LAST!

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer

My only complaint on the Stolz bow roller is that it is sooo hard. The boat I just bought has about a 1/3 rd of an inch indent on the keel strip where it rests against the bow roller, the bow roller rubbed it that bad. Now granted that the jack wagon previous owner probably traveled with the boat not secured tight enough probably had something to do with it but still.
My previous rig had black rubber rollers all the way around, had it for 4 years and almost every other weekend from May to October we travel 260 plus miles up north and back, to various lakes, etc and the rubber rollers on the EZ Loader were just fine until she got totalled. And no indentations in the bow from the d$%^ hard bow roller.
I can't wait to find another black rubber bow roller to replace the Stolz roller.

sprintst

Commander

I've got the Stoltz rollers in a box ready to go for the spring as well. As soon as I paint my trailer in the spring then they are going in.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Must have been cheap or defective rollers on that new trailer because that Lund only weighs a few hundred pounds and I wouldn't believe those new rollers should have deformed like that in just a few months. Or maybe just another case of "they just don't make'm like they used too!"

My Lund S14DLX sits on the trailer all the time and after 2 years my rollers don't look like that and it only has 4 rollers and 2 short bunks.

I bet the rollers didn't move when launching and the boat rubbed a grove in them, either rusted axle or too tight, as said before get some of the weight on the bunks