Calkins Trailer

Polycotn

Recruit
I have a Calkins Trailer under my 1977 Searay 170---It is old- and the only info I can find on it is "IT 3 17". The problem is, I hit a tree with the back right light as I was backing it up in my yard between 2 trees. I busted the light-bent it to the fender-and dented the fender. Got a replacement light-was getting ready to install-and noticed that the right hand tire is rubbing against a frame bolt-it looks like it has been happening for a while- there is some wear on the sidewall from the friction. I do not even know if the tires are the correct sizes for this trailor? How do I find this information? How do I correct the problem of the tire wearing on the frame bolt?
thx for any info!
dave

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Calkins Trailer

Calkins trailers are now owned by a company called Carnai Trailers.

Might help to post some pictures of what you are looking at. That way some one may have a good suggestion for a repair.

Polycotn

Recruit

thanks for the info--I went to several tire & trailer dealers in the neighborhood- and the solution was $15.00 wheel extenders to move the wheel out 1/4 inch- it worked!

can-amsledder

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That sounds more like putting a band-aid on the problem. How much room is between the tire and bolt on the left hand side? If it?s about the same the wheel offset might be incorrect and the spacers will fix your problem. But I?m guessing there is a lot of room and the axle might have moved.