• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer brake and turn lights work but not running lights

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer brake and turn lights work but not running lights

My turn signals and brake lights work but not the running lights or sidemarker lights. Where should I start?

Re: Trailer brake and turn lights work but not running lights

Try checking/cleaning the ground "white wire", clean your plug. start there and see if that helps.

Comment

clean the ground, also check for shorts in the brown wire, that is the wire for the running lights. Also check your brown wire at the truck side to make sure there aren't any shorts.
      16x52 Blazer flat bottom with 50/35 yamaha jet
      2096 polar craft with 90 Evinrude E-TEC
      16' Lowe flat bottom
      64 johnson 9.5
      65 evinrude 9.5

Comment

What is the tow vehicle??? Ford trucks (F150's and Expeditions) have a separate fuse in under hood fuse box which just powers the trailer marker/running lights.

Comment

I think all F150s are like that, I have a 2010. Sure enough the fuse was blow and there was a short in the running lights.
          My Thompson resto

Comment

Yea I have an F150 too so I'll definitely have to check the running lights.

Comment

I had the same problem. I found out it was a blown fuse. Checked the fuses
              under the hood and found a bad one. Replaced that and brought back my turn signals. Still couldn't get my running lights working. After checking further I found out there is another fuse box under the drivers side rear seat.
              Checked there to find another fuse out. That fuse was for the running lights.
              I have a 2004 GMC SUV. Check at your rear plug to see if your problem isn't comming from the vehicle.

Raptorman

Comment

Working...
              X