Power dolly design to move a 9000 pound trailer

mcgill

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I how a time with my new power dolly design to move a 9000 pound trailer .But it will not move my 18 foot bass boat only 2000 pounds.on my graval driveway.

If instead of concreting my driveway completely, can I sprinkle concrete mix over the top of the gravel and add water to make a rocky surface but solid driveway?

Topol_86

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Power dolly design to move a 9000 pound trailer

Sprinkling cement mix over the gravel would only leave you with a thin layer which would easily crush after the first time moving anything across it. if you already have a good solid base, get a quote for an asphalt driveway. I work for a parking lot maintenance company that also does driveways. If there's a solid base that doesn't need much work it's also taken into consideration on final price to the home owner, and always a cheaper final price. A properly paved driveway will last 10-15 years.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Try having someone stand on the toungue to see if that helps you move it.

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Depending on how far/often you move your boat (and how cheap you are), another option would be to lay down a couple of pieces of plywood or carpet. The plywood or carpet will provide a solid surface for the wheels to grip.