Help: Older Gator (Tubular) trailer

Eduardo

Cadet
Acquired these Gator trailers from a good friend recently here in Northern California. The 1960 Gator model 216, painted in yellow, is currently registered. The older Gator trailer with the tubular frame didn't come with any papers. However, I did find what I believe is the correct year (1956) and model (214) on the front right corner of the A frame. See attached images. Does anyone know where the serial numbers are located on the these older Gator (tubular) trailers or if they did exist or not? Does anyone have any digital documents on these older Gator trailers as well as brochures and such. I plan on restoring at least one for now and would like to register the older Gator. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Eduardo

Attachments

• My Older Gator 002.jpg
    My Older Gator 002.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Year & Model.jpg
    Year & Model.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4

reelnative

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Help: Older Gator (Tubular) trailer

isnt that the trailer they pulled the mayflower out of the water on, man thats some old hardware you got there i would bet they didnt even have ser numbers back then

woosterken

Lieutenant

go over to fiberglassics,in their library there is a brochour for 1958 gators trailer
check in their trailer forum

woosterken

Eduardo

Cadet

go over to fiberglassics,in their library there is a brochour for 1958 gators trailer
check in their trailer forum

woosterken

I did check the Fiberglassics site and the only Gator documents in the Glassic Library is one 1958 ad. That's all. I wander why there isn't anymore like brochures of Gator. I did post a help info on these trailers in FG and no responses yet. I just want to know if these older Gator trailers had serial numbers or not and if so, location. Thanks

Eduardo

53skipper

Cadet

You might try posting this question on the forum at feathercraft.net A lot of the FC owners have Gator trailers. Good luck

Eduardo

Cadet

You might try posting this question on the forum at feathercraft.net A lot of the FC owners have Gator trailers. Good luck

Thanks 53skipper. I'll try that.

Eduardo

mjacki54

Recruit

I have a 1962 Gator trailer and the serial no plate is on top of the frame in front of the front roller. Mine has been painted over and I cant see the numbers. The trailer I have looks almost identical to yours.

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

isnt that the trailer they pulled the mayflower out of the water on, man thats some old hardware you got there i would bet they didnt even have ser numbers back then

I have a '61 gator trailer and a late '90's shorelandr. Funny thing, the serial number plate was still on the gator trailer and in tact. The shorelandr had no serial number because it was worn off. All they used was a sticker...go figure. Had to register the shorelandr as a homemade trailer.

The yellow one you have looks like mine...same amount of rust, but still has the original yellow paint. There's one rust spot I'm concerned about, so I'm planning to do a summer/fall project on restoring the trailer and sandblasting it. The tilt mechansim works really well.