Calkins Trailer Leaf Spring U-bolts?

D-squared

Cadet
Yesterday I had the misfortune of breaking a leaf spring on my single axle Calkins Trailers. While towing my boat. It is a 3500 lb gross trailer.<br /><br />Locating a pair of new leaf springs was a piece of cake here in Everett, Wa. <br /><br />Then the crab bait hit the fan. I broke a 1/2 inch u-bolt while mounting the axle on on the new leaf spring. I have had ZERO success locating replacement u-bolts here in Everett. I have tried Six Robblees & Harbor Marine. Everyone else I went to refered me to one of these two.<br /><br />I am looking for hardware sources in Puget Sound basin. If I can find a internet source that would be fine too.<br /><br />I need a high strength 1/2" dia. square u-bolt to fit a axle plate with 2 3/8 inch centers. The u-bolts need to be 2 1/2" long.<br /><br />In retro spec, I was very lucky that the bolt broke with the trailer up on the jack stands. I want to replace all 4 u-bolts.<br /><br />Thanks, Don

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Calkins Trailer Leaf Spring U-bolts?

There's a place in Delaware that sells trailer parts via internet, but I can't recall their name right now. You can practically build the entire trailer with what they sell.<br /><br />Oh, here we go...<br /> http://www.easternmarine.com/

Bondo

Staff member

Look in Your Yellow Pages for a Spring,+ Suspension Repair Shop,........<br /><br />They'll be able to Make whatever U-bolts you Need......<br />Spring Shops Build their U-bolts,... Not Buy them.......

D-squared

Cadet

Bondo,<br /><br />I did exactly as you said and found a shop in Auburn Washington that did exactly what you said. The fit is not perfect, but I was able to bend to fit.<br /><br />D-squared.

Bondo

Staff member

:cool: ;)