Seized Fulton Trailer Jack

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Anyone have suggestions for a seized "Fulton" trailer jack. I went to crank it the other day and the wheel at the bottom spins and it won't retract or extend. So far I have turned it upside down and sprayed it full of WD-40. <br /><br />Thanks in advance

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Seized Fulton Trailer Jack

Never had a jack that lasted more than 10 years, Mike, even in fresh water use.<br /><br />I would replace it. As for with what, I find that you get what you pay for in winches; the more you pay, the more service life and performance you get. Rack and pinion jacks get my vote for style.

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had a jack act like that. I was never able to solve it. Unless you can get lube inside the body somehow, you will end up replacing it. <br /><br />I agree with JB, spend the money on a quality jack. The "value" priced jacks don't last. For me, I went through 2 of them in 3 years before I bought a good one.

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys.<br /><br />It's only 1 1/2 years old and it came with the trailer we bought for my wifes 16' aluminum skiff. I'll try to take it apart and hopefully I can make it last one more season. When I go south next fall I'll look for a replacement. There's not much selection in this part of the world.

Bondo

Staff member

The only Trick I can tell you is to Stop the wheel from Turning,+ Maybe you can Break it Free............<br /><br />And,.......<br />Get some Better Penetrating Oil........PB-Blaster comes to mind...... ;) <br /><br />I've Drilled,+ Tapped all My trailer jacks,...<br />Right up at the Top of the vertical Tube,.....<br />And installed Grease Zerts.....<br /><br />That's where the Workings of the beast are.......