Hoosier/Scissors Trailer HELP!!!!

bridgettlynch

Recruit
We have just got our new trailer---and have successfully got the boat out of the water....However upon trying to drop/lower it, it wont go! The salesperson said that if you crank it too high it is a hell of a time getting it down.<br />Ive tried cranking it and trying to release it several times...For some reason the crank cable gets tight...but the safety cable is always loose....<br /><br />HELP HELP HELP----we have to get our other boat out tomorrow!!!<br />Thanks in advance!!! Bridget

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hoosier/Scissors Trailer HELP!!!!

Just so it's clear...you overwinched the boat onto the new trailer and now the winch is so tight you can't unwinch it enough to reverse it...is that your problem?<br /><br />As a very last resort you might have to unbolt the winch and/or winch tower where it bolts onto the trailer.<br /><br />You might also try rocking the boat a bit to see if you loosen up the cable at all. I've had this happen but never had it so tight that I could't winch it even tighter just enough where I could throw the reverse switch. Good luck, you learned what not to do next time.

bridgettlynch

Recruit

Well I can still lower it via the cables....unlock the winch and it will let out a little bit......but not really lower the trailer.....it will just pull the cable out a little bit....???<br />I dont understand why it wont lower with a 3000lb boat on it and no cables holding it!<br />Thanks!

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

Have you unhooked your ties down at the back of the boat? <br /><br />I'm still not clear what your problem is.

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

Are you trying to launch your boat and it won't launch? I'm sorry but your description of the problem is confusing to me.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Bridget,<br />Is this what you are talking about?<br /><br />
hoists1.jpg
<br /><br />If so,<br />maybe that will help people understand and better help you.<br />Me,<br />I have never even seen one of these, let alone work one. Sorry.<br /><br />AK Chappy

maxamus

Recruit

I bought a 1986 classic hoosier trailer and had the same problem, i had to place a winch on the back to get it down. After seeing other trailers i discovered that the return springs were missing. I replaced them and it works fine.