What about Taskmaster Tires...Worse that Carlisle???

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hi<br /><br />Of all the things that I read about trailer tires...most everyone here seems to agree that Carlisle tires are bad bad bad...I remember one of you showing a picture of one of your Carlisle's that blew out while sitting on the driveway......<br /><br />Well, how about Taskmaster? <br /><br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565219919&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1 <br /><br />I saw this auction...price seems very good...I e-mailed the shop and they waid that the brand of the tires is Taskmaster.<br /><br />Probably not the Lamborghini of tires; eh? What say you?<br /><br />Thanks, Chuck

phantoms

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What about Taskmaster Tires...Worse that Carlisle???

Don't know about taskmater, but I have Duro brand tires on my trailer. Have not seen anyone else with them, but I've had good luck with them. Anyone else had any experience with Duro? <br /><br />Chuck, you may want to e-mail some of the people who have purchased from that guy and see what kind of luck they have had with them.

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Duro seems to be a pretty decent brand, I have a set on my flat bottom trailer now (4.8 x 8), this will be the 6th year with them. No dry rotting or cracks yet and I don't garage the trailer. Carlisle would only last me 2 years at the most.<br /><br />Rob

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There sure are a lot of companies that make tires!<br /><br />Here's a list of the DOT codes if anyone is interested. From this you can identify who made a tire by reading the first two digits following the DOT on the sidewall...<br /><br />FYI...<br /><br /> http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm