• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZ-Load Trailer Vin #

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ-Load Trailer Vin #

I'm trying to either contact MFG or someone that may be able to offer info on whether Vin # may be stamped into frame some where on a trailer I just bought with a boat.Original Decal is worn and cant be read. Is EZ-Load a model or is there such a MFG?Thanks

Re: EZ-Load Trailer Vin #

EZ Loader is a trailer manufacturer based in Spokane, Washington. You can call them at (509) 489-0181 or go to their website http://www.ezloader.com/. I'm not sure if the VIN# is stamped on the frame. Generally it is not. If you are trying to register your trailer in Connecticut without a legible VIN#, you will have to have it inspected and apply for a VIN# assignment. You will also need a valid Title or Bill of Sale, depending on the age of the trailer. You can find out more at http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244916 .Hope this helps.

Comment

Did you crawl under the trailer near the front? Mine has a tag on the inside of the rail.
      Lake Shasta with Mt. Shasta in the background, June 2011

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was able to get info from EZ loader. Found nothing on the frame or inside tube. Person I bought rig from registered boat in CT but never Trailer as was kept at a marina. I Found old out of state boat reg #'s on older paperwork and traced back to town where boat reg was listed . As I did not need a name of previous owner they were able to confirm that at time boat was reg person also had a Tax bill listed in town for a trailer. They were able to provide me with the VIN on the Tax bill and I confirmed specs on trailer with EZ loader that trailer matches #. Now task is to convince MV that paperwork is accurate. I have bill of sale, Decal is on trailer but numbers are faded away.Will see how it goes.

Comment

Just got a free boat and trailer this winter...owner had title for boat but never got one for trailer...just registered it as "homebuilt" and never had a problem. Just something to look into.-JustMrWill
          ****ANY OF MY POSTS THAT I HAD PICTURES IN WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE PICTURES. I CHANGED ISPs AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO RE-LINK THEM ALL - SORRY****

1976 Glastron v162 Project

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/p...,p,236,00.html

Comment

just registered it as "homebuilt" and never had a problem.
            Ayuh,..... All but 1 of My trailers are "Home Built"...........On paper anyway.........
            Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

Thanks Guys, CT just recently changed the guidelines on Home built. You have to have used at least 2 different trailers or one incomplete and present picture proof of before and after. To many homemades I guess. Now if VIN is illegible on trailer tag even though I have it on paper you need to have a written statement signed and notarized by previous owner and apply for a new state issued VIN, $ another $50.00. Which means...I need to get all paperwork confirmed, state inspection fee's temp plate cost and travel cost to tow to inspection, Ct only inspects at 2 locations in the whole state now, and they will assign new VIN. More money for them more hassle for consumer. Closest inspection for me is 1-1/2hr ride each way....

Comment

What ever you do don't go to Enfield. I just got raked over for no brakes at a VIN check. I had the old reg of Mass. and it said GVRW 3000 so I put it at 2950 the tag you could read the VIN but not the weight . The inspector said the vin was ok but I got a ticket for no brakes and inspection required. How they figured the GVRW? The tires I had load range C 1750lbs they double the amount Bingo! a completely BS method of burning you. Beware of this. Also I e-mailed Governor Rell about the abusive nasty employee's the state hires. I won't get in to it here the inspectors are nasty and totally rude ......Good Luck. I all most asked them where the line for illegals aleins was to bribe the employees for a vaild driver liecineces is............
                1974 Wellcraft V-20 CC Steplift/ 1999 150 HP Mercury Bluewater http://www.wellcraftv20.com/gallery/album115
                1975 Wellcraft V-17 CC Steplift
                My CW site www.enfieldwargraves.smugmug.com
                My book I authored http://www.blurb.com/books/1137672

Comment

Originally posted by Pst76: Thanks Guys, CT just recently changed the guidelines on Home built. You have to have used at least 2 different trailers or one incomplete and present picture proof of before and after. To many homemades I guess.
                  Or too many stolen trailers being registered as "home built".
                  Ron

2000 Camano Troll
                  North Charleston, SC

Comment

Blu Lunch, I plan to go to Weathersfield, I also contacted EZ Loader in Wash state(where MFG) and got a emailed copy of the original mfg spec for the VIN Number. Everything that was on the original tag/decal for this specific trailer. They just cannot reprint the tag itself. The tire rating sounds like a typical BS inspector with attitude. I would think tire ratings exceeding trailer weight rated capacity would be a plus. I'll post how I make out. Still working on restoring boat interior so not moving anywhere a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X