Gator project complete, many thanks to everyone

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
I'd like to thank all for suffering my questions this summer on the restoration of my 1955 Gator trailer. I've finished it and now on to the boat. I've attached pics (I think).<br /><br />
000_0004_0001.jpg
<br /><br />
000_0002_0001.jpg
<br /><br />
000_0003_0001.jpg
<br /><br />
000_0004.jpg

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Gator project complete, many thanks to everyone

Nice looking project! What kind of boat is going on it?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

The boat that will go on this is the 1956 Feather Craft Vagabond seen in the background of the last pic. BTW, I've been meaning to ask you. If you choose not to use the 30hp Johnson on your Chris Craft, might you be willing to sell it? My boat has a motor which is not "period correct" and I'd like to put a '56 30hp on it.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hard to see the trailer in the pictures. I kindof blends into the background. :) <br /><br />Nice job, love the hubcaps.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey BoatBuoy,<br /><br />I think I'm going to use it - or at least until I get the boat out a few times to see how it works.<br /><br />I've been watching ebay and I see them pop up every once in a while so they are out there.<br /><br />That's really cool that we have boats of the same vintage. Is that boat new to you or have you had it a while?<br /><br />I like those hubcaps too!

sangerwaker

Commander

Looks like bananas on wheels! :p Banana George would be proud!<br /><br />Seriously, though, great looking restoration! You will definitely be turning some heads.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

jsfinn,<br /> I've had the boat since 1962. It's registered as a '57 model, built in '55, for the '56 model year ??????<br /><br />sangerwaker,<br /> You're right about the banana look, but it's period accurate for a Gator. I think they got their paint from the same supplier as Caterpillar.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

That's a great project. With all you've done, it should last another 50 years before someone else has to re-do it.

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The trailer really looks good boat BoatBuoy, It was good to finally meet you this weekend. Good Luck on the rest of the project.

rwise

Captain

Boatbouy<br />shoot me an e-mail EDIT

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

rwise,<br /> I sent the email. Let me know if not received.<br /><br />chchance at comcast $non-spam$ dot net . The $non-spam$ is not part of email add.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Very nice. Very, very nice. It is going to be a perfect "display case" for that boat when it's restored. Polished aluminum on a bright yellow trailer will be quite the sight!<br /><br />Mark

Hey BoatBuoy,<br />Very nice trailer... I'm working on a 1959 Gator and am having trouble finding the right wheel seals. Do you know the part number you used? I'm asuming that you rebuilt the hubs durring such a nice restoration!

Oldboats155

Recruit

Nice job with the restoration of the Gator Trailer. I am in the process of restoring one from 1958 and would like to ask you about the tail lights you used. If you wouldnt mind you can e-mail me at mittlesteadt@charter.net

CATransplant

Admiral

You've asked your question on a thread from 2004. It's always best to ask questions in a new thread. Often, the person you're addressing in an old thread is no longer active. That's not the case here, but a new thread should always be used for a new question.

215Sesame

Cadet

Did you have to replace your rollers. I could not find 6" rollers.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

did you guys happen to watch powerblock on Spike today? they had a matching boat and truck fully restored from the 50's. looked pretty cool and it had hubcaps similar to yours.

Edit: here ya go, with the lovely Ms. Courtney Hansen as well.

girlstrucksboats.jpg