Wesbar lights

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have to replace one of my trailer lights, I got a Wesbar light, it has 1 red wire and 1 brown and white ground. Trailer right side, Brown running, green signal/brake, do I wire the red to green and brown to brown?. I checked Wesbar/Fulton site but came up empty.

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Wesbar lights

I would give it a try that way as it sounds logical. worst that can happen is blown fuse/bulb. I've been known to hook a light like that up to a trolling battery to test function.

ThomWV

Yes<br /><br />The brown is the color for the straight tail light for each side. Rather than make two different type bulb inserts for their lights Wesbar simply make the other wire red, and you connect it to either the green or the yellow, depending on which side you use the light on.

marops

Seaman Apprentice

It's on the inside of the packaging that came with it, but basically it's brown [wesbar] to brown [trailer] and red [wesbar] to yellow, green, or whatever the other is.<br /><br />White is ground, if you have another white wire going to connection, join them together, otherwise attach it to trailer or nut & bolt that attaches light to trailer.

Northern Eclipse

Thanks to all that replied, I did not get instructions with this light, since it was not in a package, it is a right side light only that was loose inventory.