"Speedhitch"

snard

Cadet
Has anyone heard of or used the "speedhitch" adjustable ball mount for hooking up their trailer? Does it work as easy as is advertised?

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: "Speedhitch"

I have seen them, but never used them. I beleive that they work as they are supposed to. My concern is that they have piviot points and could be weaker than a standard straight receiver.<br /><br />I always error on the side of more safety. I rigged two antenna's with bottom magnets. Put one on the ball and one on the coupler. This way you can see to line them up first time. And they telescope down for storage.<br /><br />Good Luck

Bondo

Staff member
Re: "Speedhitch"

I don't know the name of my hitch, but,<br />If you're talking about a hitch that swings,+ telescopes about a foot.....<br />I've been using one for 7 years... Commercially... Heavy Trailers.... 2 5/16ths ball kind of loads.....<br />I hook,+ unhook several times a day... i Usually get Very Close, but this hitch saves me countless trips back + forth checking.....<br />I Don't see Any Safety Issues with mine.... Super Solid.....<br />The Only draw-back, if you want to call it that, is that the ball is moved 2" lower.....<br />On my 4X4, that puts it about right.....