How to find Hubcaps for Vintage 50's TeeNee Trailer Wheels?

cigarxtc

Seaman Apprentice
I've got a 50's TeeNee trailer with the smooth rounded/countoured fenders over each tire.(similar to the rear fenders of the trucks from the 40's-50's.) The rims are 12" with 12x480 rubber, and 5 lugs. Does anybody know what the hubcaps are supposed to look like? Or where to get a set to fit these old rims?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: How to find Hubcaps for Vintage 50's TeeNee Trailer Wheels?

With Bearing Buddies on the hubs the hubcaps wouldn't fit, Cigar.<br /><br />If you don't have Bearing Buddies, you need them. Smartest $12-$15 you can spend on a trailer.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You could try the Antique Outboard Motor Club Inc., www.aomci.org.<br /><br />But, those old hubcaps were rust-attractive. Often rusted overnight after salt water. I sold a lot of 1950's and 1960's trailers and saw it happen.<br /><br />Go with the modern, protective Bearing Buddies as JB advised.

led18001

Recruit

I've got a 50's TeeNee trailer with the smooth rounded/countoured fenders over each tire.(similar to the rear fenders of the trucks from the 40's-50's.) The rims are 12" with 12x480 rubber, and 5 lugs. Does anybody know what the hubcaps are supposed to look like? Or where to get a set to fit these old rims?
I have NOS caps for those rims if they are the ones with the clipps
herters59@hotmail.com