Trailer Ladder

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hi..
Wondering if if this is an after-market product that can be added to any trailer, or is made specifically for the trailer in the picture? I have a pretty big boat that isn't easily boarded while on the trailer, and this sure would be nice.
Thanks
trailerladder.jpg

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trailer Ladder

I've not seen anything that can be bolted on aftermarket but any metal welding/fabrication shop could certainly build one for you.

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

I haven't seen anything like that before, but they do have aftermarket steps you can order. Just google boat steps. One that seems to be pretty good is the ezee steps. I'm also pretty sure you can get one fabricated as SilverTip mentioned.

phipps

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like the ladder off a pontoon trailer. The one on our pontoon trailer simply u-bolts on. You might be able to contact one of the pontoon trailer builders and see if you can buy just the ladder. Mine is a Hoosier.

MTribe08

Right on guys, thanks for the reply's. After I put up the thread I went out and looked at my trailer, and I don't have near the room up front that the boat in the picture does, so that one wouldn't work anyway.

I may try and find a fab shop and see if they could rig something up.
Thanks!

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

Not sure how sturdy your winch post is, but you may be able to fabricate a step system on your winch post. For me, I just step on my winch post and it supports my 200+ pound body fine. Of course, I have a simple 14 foot aluminum fishing boat, but it's just a thought.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

here is a pic of the one on my pontoon boat, it bolts (2) to the mast for the winch. I am a big guy so I welded an extra bar to the rear for extra support.
trailerladder003.jpg

as you can see i nthe pic about it's pretty vertical, maybe only 16 inches deep from the bottom to the top, look at the cross arm for the winch.
trailerladder004.jpg

and last showing only 2 bolts support it
trailerladder005.jpg

MTribe08

here is a pic of the one on my pontoon boat, it bolts (2) to the mast for the winch. I am a big guy so I welded an extra bar to the rear for extra support.
trailerladder003.jpg

as you can see i nthe pic about it's pretty vertical, maybe only 16 inches deep from the bottom to the top, look at the cross arm for the winch.
trailerladder004.jpg

and last showing only 2 bolts support it
trailerladder005.jpg

Thanks for those pics..was that an add on, or already there when the trailer was made?

Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with..as you can see not much room up front. Right now, I just step on the tongue, then onto the winch and I'm up. That wouldn't be so easy for other people.
LakewithNickJulia002.jpg

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer

Throw a rope ladder on it when you want to board. Simple, cheap and not permenant. Attach them to the front cleats and climb aboard.​

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Rather than steps, have a Fab shop build and attach a ladder, steps maybe 6-8 inches wide right next to your winch tower. You have room for that. Paint it to match and it will look like it was always there...

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

my ladder was an add on....

they make pontoon trailer ladders that also is just bar type steps like the previous poster is describing when saying go to a shop and have something fabbed

bg1seven

Recruit

I have a fabricator who can easily build these... After watching my wife fall in the slime and 9 weeks or so of doctors, trailer ladders should just be part of building one... Be careful with rope ladders. Lotta swing and rope rot...Bill

bg1seven

Recruit

Does anyone know where the pictured after market steps come from? Appears to be a VIP brand trailer??? Bill Saum