cheap trailer wheel/rim

frosteeone

Seaman
where's the cheapest place to purchase a spare for my trailer? I don't know the size, but I'm sure it's the smallest one you can buy w/4 lugs (only a 14' semi V on it).<br /><br />Does Wal-Mart sell them?<br /><br />Thanks.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: cheap trailer wheel/rim

Walmart or a Farm Supply, Home Depot, Sears, etc. Make sure you get the EXACT size. It should cost you about $35-$40, unless you can find a sale.<br /><br />Don't go to Kmart. Way too expensive.

SystemF

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Discount tire has reasonable stuff, too. I got a 14" white steel rim with a trailer tires for around $40.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Sam's Warehouse usually carries these tires and they're about as cheap as anywhere.

frosteeone

Seaman

Thanks, I was wanting to take it out this wkd. to a different lake and it's about 80 miles (one way). I bought it used w/o a spare, so I've driving w/o one and it's making me nervous. I'll try all of the above and might even remmove the tire so I make sure to get it right. Thanks again!

Fergulus

Seaman

I was wondering if anyone knew a rough estimate for tires that would fit a 16x7" VW rim. That is the type of tire that is one my trailer, and since they are both rotted, I need to find some replacements.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I think it would be cheaper and easier to just go back to Wal-Mart and get 2 more.