Powerwinch parts

Bob P

Recruit
Does anyone know a source for Powerwinch model 912 wench parts. Perfer on-line.<br /><br />Thanks Bob P

Reel Appeal

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Powerwinch parts

Bob,I doubt you will find any "real" parts except for harness's,cranks,cable etc.(West Marine)<br /> Being un-able to locate an internal bolt inside(broken tensioner bolt/knob),I replaced my broken 912c Powerwinch last fall with a 30,000lb MVP winch.They are available on E-bay/Northern Tools and are good quality($200+-).It fits the 3 pin(trailer) plate perfectly and comes with remote.I made sure the cable diameter was the same or heavier.You have to install thier circuit breaker and harness.I tapped into my Powerwinch harness because the new one was a little short for a Full-size pickup w/8' bed.If you go for the new winch check E-bay first(where I got mine)for a better deal.Do not purchase a 6,000 lb winch as the wire guage is too small(unsafe).They have a 30,000 and 40,000# winch.Although this sounds overkill,I would NOT buy smaller for safety reasons/wire diameter.Winches are rated at "rolling capacity".<br />I feel I made the right choice. ;)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

BOAT/US sells some Powerwinch parts and has a website. I suspect you're going to have to go to Powerwinch for any internal parts. though. I don't know if they have a website or not. My 912 is 11 years old and have never had any problems with it.

Bob P

Recruit

Jack.<br /><br />What I'm trying to do is locate powerwench for the parts -boat us dosnt have what I'm looking for.<br /><br />Bob P

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

The only address I would have for Powerwinch would be the one in my owner's manual,which I can't seem to find. I will keep looking.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Do a search on Google for Powerwinch and you get about 10 hits including the Powerwinch company itself. It's at least a starting point.

clanton

Rear Admiral

If you can find a LandNSea catalog, they have parts breakdown with numbers. Try this number 1-800-942-1947.