• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer lock down mechanism?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer lock down mechanism?

Hey all,I have a 1967 trailer for my Chrysler 35 hp 16 ft. It came with all the rust! What a deal!The lock mechanism, that locks the ball into the trailer (ball hole?? for lack of a beter term?)Can I buy just the locking mechanism?? where and how much should I expect to pay? It is so rusty, it won't lock down and there is no way to adjust it... I coated it with WD-40 and still no luck... I need to get it in the water before I dry up and go away!!!!

Re: Trailer lock down mechanism?

johndoe,You might can get a new trailer hitch at something like Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply. Many of them are easy to replace. Is it wealded or bolted to the trailer?

Comment

john,"Couplers" are about $12.00 to $15.00.You can find them in many places that offer trailer parts-even Wal Mart. The critical part is the width of the tongue (trailer) that it sits on. Some are 2 1/2" and widths up to about 4".If it's not welded on, it's a simple replacement.

Comment

last i knew walmart carried them

Comment

If yours is welded on, I bought just the "guts" at Boat/US a couple weeks back.

Comment

Working...
          X