• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer lock down mechanism?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer lock down mechanism?

Hey all,I have a 1967 trailer for my Chrysler 35 hp 16 ft. It came with all the rust! What a deal!The lock mechanism, that locks the ball into the trailer (ball hole?? for lack of a beter term?)Can I buy just the locking mechanism?? where and how much should I expect to pay? It is so rusty, it won't lock down and there is no way to adjust it... I coated it with WD-40 and still no luck... I need to get it in the water before I dry up and go away!!!!

Re: Trailer lock down mechanism?

johndoe,You might can get a new trailer hitch at something like Ace Hardware or Tractor Supply. Many of them are easy to replace. Is it wealded or bolted to the trailer?

Comment

john,"Couplers" are about $12.00 to $15.00.You can find them in many places that offer trailer parts-even Wal Mart. The critical part is the width of the tongue (trailer) that it sits on. Some are 2 1/2" and widths up to about 4".If it's not welded on, it's a simple replacement.

Comment

last i knew walmart carried them

Comment

If yours is welded on, I bought just the "guts" at Boat/US a couple weeks back.

Comment

Working...
          X