Zieman trailer question

tractoman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone with a Zieman tandem know this one? I noticed on the front crossmember, in the middle section, the remains of two rusted out rivets that may have held a pad or some sort of keel support or guide. It is a 1995 model if that makes a difference. I'd like to figure out what should be there and repair it.
Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Zieman trailer question

Ayuh,... Never heard of a Zieman,...
Show Us a picture,+ We'll see if We can help you figure it out....

tractoman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is a picture of the front crossmember in question. Notice the rivet holes. Seems like it needs a keel pad. Also a pic of the whole unit.

Attachments

• DSCF0092a.JPG
    DSCF0092a.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0091a.JPG
    DSCF0091a.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... At the very least, I'd cover it with rubber or plastic,...
At many of the ramps I use, the hull would be hitting that All the time....

You might be able to mount a wide roller just aft of it...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Zieman's are made here and very popular Jet Flea trailers. Looks like a roller mount to me.

fishrdan

Admiral

I've seen those before, supposed to be a plastic pad that covers the crossmember to keep the keel from hitting metal. In the pic you can see where the pad used to be as the paint is not faded.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I'm with Dan now . . .

Tart79

Recruit
I have another Zieman trailer question. Sorry I am not familiar with the correct terms. My winch is bolted to a plate that is welded to a square post that slides into a female post that is welded to the main frame of the trailer. The plate and post used to fit snug now they wiggle quote severly (the make post inside the female) I recently changed the saftey chain and removed the bolt so figure I screwed somthing up but am unsure what. You can see in the picture that I can easily lift up the plate now. You couldn't before
: