Shoreline inc highlander boat trailer MANUAL

seastallion

Recruit
Hi,

I have a 1987 Highlander Boat trailer which has seen better days. Am trying to replace both wheel hubs. Inner bearing on both sides of axle is 'welded' to the axle bolt and will not budge.

Anybody know of a manual for this trailer to explain exactly how trailer is put together, part by part?

Also looking for a wiring diagram for this trailer as it needs complete rewiring.

Anybody know where parts for this trailer can be bought? I live in Massachusetts.

Thanks!

rockyman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Shoreline inc highlander boat trailer MANUAL

napa sells the bearings and seals and so does advance auto parts, i have 1981 shorelander myself and just went through what you now getting into . the wiring is very basic 4 wires with 1 ground and the cross over wire in the back from on light to the other to complete the circuit .

nlain

Commander
Re: Shoreline inc highlander boat trailer MANUAL

I got interrupted in my last post, had to go do some work.
If the bearings did not spin and eat into the spindle and you are real good with a cutting torch, you can save the spindles by cutting into the bearing races with the torch and split them with a chisel to remove. If that cannot be done then you are looking at pulling the axle and getting new spindles put on it or replacing the complete axle. Look at cost of both and the total condition of the trailer and make a decision as to what to do from there.