Need help with a new wench DL1200 Trailer hauling 1988 2.3 OCM I/O Capri Bayliner

jpmohave

Recruit
My wench is missing teeth and skips when trying to wind up my 1988 Bayliner Capri. I also do not know how much this boat weighs, any ideas? 2.3 liter engine 16 feet.

My trailer says Model DL1200 under the Wench and I would like to get a new wench so I can actually wind my boat up. Right now I need to practically back into the water to get the boat almost all the way on the trailer. My jeep can only tow 3000 lbs but I'm sure it doesn't weight that much with trailer.

If anyone knows the new part for the wench please let me know. It looks like only a couple screws to take off and put the new wench on my trailer.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Need help with a new wench DL1200 Trailer hauling 1988 2.3 OCM I/O Capri Bayliner

Man,if I had a wench like that,I would get a younger one with all her teeth.she would wind up just about everything I wanted.
As for the winch,I agree with above poster.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help with a new wench DL1200 Trailer hauling 1988 2.3 OCM I/O Capri Bayliner

Yep, without doubt a new wench is in order after that description !!!
As for the winch I agree with the above 2 posters.

TilliamWe

Banned

I am so lucky my wench isn't missing any teeth! Hers look just fine.

I agree with first responder in relation to your winch issues.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Man,if I had a wench like that,I would get a younger one with all her teeth.she would wind up just about everything I wanted.
As for the winch,I agree with above poster.

LOL! All you guys are cracking me up!

I like getting a newer model wench every so often...:p

jpmohave

Recruit

Wow thanks Everyone! I just bought that wench you recommended from Northern Tool.

I guess I should have done this immediately and don't know why i was suffering all this time. haha guess I just have to laugh at myself for being so foolish.

Thanks again and I can't wait to install this new wench and actually pull my boat out of the water instead of back my jeep INTO the water to get my boat.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Just don't get too big and strong a wench or she'll be making you crank the boat back on the trailer.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

I always test my wenches before I commit to buying to make sure they are in good working order. :D

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I want to replace my current manual, wind-up wench with a remote-controlled electric model.

I don't think my wife's gonna let me :(

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

LOL! All you guys are cracking me up!

I like getting a newer model wench every so often...:p

Ya know Gary I hear that gets kinda expensive after a while....

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just don't get too big and strong a wench or she'll be making you crank the boat back on the trailer.

I always test my wenches before I commit to buying to make sure they are in good working order. :D

Ya know Gary I hear that gets kinda expensive after a while....

I think you guys should probably be looking into the winch wench, a tremedous energy saver for guys.:D:D