E-Z Slides on pontoon

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: E-Z Slides on pontoon

I just put some on my trailer that I haul my 16' Lund on. It made a huge difference in launching! The boat slides off the trailer perfectly and makes one man launching much easier. They should work great for your pontoon as well. Place them evenly on the bunks. Once the sliders get wet, they really let the boat slide off the trailer.

As a side note, if you do get them, get some guide ons to help cradle the boat on the trailer. I noticed after installing the sliders, the boat slid easily side to side on the trailer. Once I got the guide ons, it helped center the boat and keep it from sliding off the trailer.

Bennettc

Seaman

What I am thinking is that I will put them on the front 4 or 6 feet of the bunks. When I am in the water the back half of the boat will float and the front will slide off. This way the boat won't really slide around out of the water.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i just use a similar product, on my toon bunks. what a difference. was able to idle right up the the bow stop. with carpet i had to winch the last 4 feet. could not even power on.

Bennettc

Seaman

Do you think it would be better idea to put slides over the whole bunk (spread out) or only on the front half? I want it to be as easy as possible to load and unload. I also don't want the boat to slide back and forth at all or put to much strain on the winch strap at the front of the trailer.