Is there a method to make my new shorelander fit my boat

I just bought a nice wobble roller trailor for my '79 starcraft 16' v hull. The trailor was set up for a tri hull. I was just wandering if there is a specific way to adjust it, or if i just need to go to a boat ramp with a wrench set and trial and error it till it fits. Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is there a method to make my new shorelander fit my boat

Put the boat on the trailer and with the help of a jack, raise the boat slightly and make the adjustments. Be sure to use a block of wood and jack only by the keel or directly under the tansom. Keel rollers should be adjusted to accept the majority of the boats weight. The rollers at the sides should spaced so they are close to or directly under any internal fore-aft ribs or reinforcements. If there are external keels the rollers should straddle them.

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Is there a method to make my new shorelander fit my boat

He probably doesn't have keel rollers if it's a wobble trailer. None of mine do.
Chances are if it was set up for a trihull, it's adjusted to a fairly high position with your boat on it. I'd loosen all the wobble roller mounts a bit, make sure the roller arms and axles can move somewhat freely, then put you boat on the trailer. This should let the wobble rollers sort of find their position under the boat. You can then raise or lower the cross members or widen or narrow the roller adjustments to suit your boat.

Shoreland'r made several types of wobble trailers, a pic would help a lot so we can see exactly what you have to deal with.

I just converted one from a V hull adjustment to a trihull, what I found was that I needed to raise all the adjustments all the way to let the boat clear the fenders.